Red Deer likely to see snow this week

By Troy Gillard (Twitter: @Troy_Gillard)
September 11, 2018 - 11:58am

Technically, it’s still summer. But there’s a certain four-letter word in the forecast that'll make it feel like anything but.

Environment Canada is calling for periods of rain or snow starting late Wednesday night and into Friday.

The weekend forecast - as of Tuesday morning - features a 60 per cent chance of rain showers or flurries on Saturday, and a 40 per cent chance on Sunday.

It’ll be a chilly week, too, with highs through Sunday ranging between plus-three and plus-eight degrees and overnight lows dipping to zero.

Calendar-wise, summer ends and fall begins on Saturday, Sept. 22.

Local man pleads guilty to involvement in 2006 Eckville murder

Join the Discussion

We are happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules: Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards. See full commenting rules.