No charges against Quebec reporter in alleged case of criminal harassment
MONTREAL — No charges will be laid against a Quebec reporter accused of criminally harassing a woman who was the subject of one of his stories, Crown officials said Thursday.
Radio-Canada said last week the complaint against Antoine Trepanier stemmed from calls and emails he sent seeking reaction to a story about the head of the chapter of Big Brothers Big Sisters in western Quebec.
The network said the complainant was Yvonne Dube, who is executive director of the organization’s Gatineau chapter and the subject of the interview requests.
Trepanier’s investigation involved an Ontario court decision that said Dube falsely passed herself off as a lawyer between September 2011 and March 2012.


