The City of Red Deer's development officer has approved eight applications for retail cannabis stores.
Each of the following locations were approved as a discretionary use.
1) Cannabis Cowboys at 5121 50 Ave (Downtown)
2) 2102012 Alberta Ltd. at #1-5111 49 Street (Downtown)
3) Clarity Cannabis MD Holdings Inc. at #1-5511 50 Avenue (Downtown)
4) 420 Premium Markets Ltd. at #503 and #504-6702 Golden West Avenue (Golden West Business Park)
5) Cannabis Cowboys at #120-6802 50 Avenue (Normandeau)
6) Ascension Cannabis Connoisseurs Inc. at #11-7667 50 Avenue (Northlands Business Park)
7) 2102591 Alberta Ltd. at #130-6751 50 Avenue (Pines)
8) Luxecann Inc. at #2-4971 Phelan Street (Pines)
9) River Cannabis Ltd. at #3-5804 50 Avenue (Riverside Meadows)
10) Permit Experts Inc. at #105-3121 49 Avenue (South Hill)
Each of the ten must still acquire safety codes permits from The City.
Earlier this year, city council approved regulations which would allow for 35 possible locations throughout the city.
The City ultimately received 14 applications after when they begin accepting them on July 24.
Business owners who received approval can set up shop now, but cannot operate until October 17, 2018, the date recreational cannabis becomes legal across Canada.
These discretionary use decisions may be appealed to the Red Deer Subdivision and Development Appeal Board prior to 4:30 p.m. on August 28. Call 403-342-8190 for more information.
Pee Wee AAA DQ Braves win bronze at National Western Championships
Red Deer’s Pee Wee AAA DQ Braves baseball team has won a bronze medal at this year’s 13U National...
READ MORE +
Bucs off to AFL championship after semi-final win over Calgary
The Central Alberta Buccaneers are off to the Alberta Football League (AFL) final after a 38-13 win...
READ MORE +
Sunnybrook Farm and Museum celebrates 30 years with Pioneer Days Festival
Thousands of Red Deerians are enjoying an up close look at some antique tractors and other rare...
READ MORE +
Join the Discussion
We are happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules: Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards. See full commenting rules.