RCMP in Breton are asking for the public's help to locate and return six stolen horses to a farm in the Winfield area.
Mounties say sometime on the evening of Dec. 6, unknown person(s) entered a property on Hwy 13 between Buck Lake and Winfield.
Tire tracks on scene suggest a truck and trailer were brought in to load the six horses. The owners discovered they were missing the next morning.
The animals are described as:
1. Socorro - 2006 all grey Hanoverian gelding, 16.3 hands high (hh), Hanoverian brand on back left hip, scar on back right leg
2. Peppy - 2001 red dun Quarter Horse (QH) gelding, white blaze on face, 14.2 hh, brand on front left shoulder
3. Willard - 2001 read roan QH gelding, 16hh, brand on front left shoulder, wide white blaze on face, 3 white stockings on front right and both back legs
4. Solstice - 2009 chestnut Hanoverian mare, 16hh four white socks, half stripe and star on face
5. Buddy - 2010 all grey QH gelding, 15hh
6. Zoro - 2008 bay QH gelding 14.2hh with a scar on his back left leg
"These horses are like family to their owners," says RCMP Corporal Curtis Peters. "They are devastated by this. It's our hope that they can be returned safe and sound as soon as possible."
Anyone with information on this theft is asked to contact the Breton RCMP at 780-696-3502. If you want to remain anonymous, you can contact Crime Stoppers by phone at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS).
Applause in Alberta courtroom as charges dropped against man in rural shooting
OKOTOKS, Alta. — A courtroom erupted in cheers and applause Friday as all charges were dropped...
READ MORE +
Severe Thunderstorm Watch for Red Deer and area
Environment Canada meteorologists have issued a Severe Thunderstorm Watch for the Red Deer area and...
READ MORE +
First all-girls baseball team in CABL making big strides
You might say they’re in a league on their own. The Mosquito Braves Pink made history this year,...
READ MORE +
Join the Discussion
We are happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules: Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards. See full commenting rules.