RED DEER- Garbage and recycling collection schedules will be altered to accommodate the Christmas Day and New Year’s Day statutory holidays, which both fall on a Monday this year.
Residents with regular Monday pickup and all residents taking part in the Cart Pilot Program will see a change to their garbage and recycling collection schedule from December 25 to January 5.
Homes with regular collection on Mondays that are not part of the Cart Pilot Program will be scheduled as follows:
- Highland Green, Riverside Meadows and Fairview will be moved to Tuesday collection
- Oriole Park will be moved to Wednesday collection
- West Park will be moved to Thursday collection
Collection for all homes that are part of the Cart Pilot Program will move forward one day:
- Monday collection will be moved to Tuesday
- Tuesday collection will be moved to Wednesday
- Wednesday collection will be moved to Thursday
Collection schedules will return to normal on Monday, January 8.
Residents with questions can contact The City by calling The Blue Line at 403-340-BLUE (2583) or visiting reddeer.ca/garbage.
- Residents must set out all materials before 7 a.m. for pickup
- Residents should not put Christmas wrap, tissue paper or Styrofoam in their blue boxes, as The City’s recycling program is currently unable to process these materials.
(Gary McKinnon - The City of Red Deer)
City council closes 2018 Operating Budget with 2.02% tax increase
Red Deerians will have an increase to deal with on their property tax bill in 2018. City council...
READ MORE +
UPDATE: Two arrested as RCMP search for suspects after shots fired in Riverside Meadows
Red Deer RCMP continue to investigate an incident in which shots were fired in the Riverside...
READ MORE +
Sheraton Celebrity Dance Off raising funds for Games Celebration Plaza
Tickets go on sale in just over a week for the 2018 Sheraton Celebrity Dance Off. The proceeds from...
READ MORE +
Join the Discussion
We are happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules: Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards. See full commenting rules.